- Concord Township, Delaware County
- Bethel Township, Delaware County
- Upper Chichester Township, Delaware County
Section 101: U.S. 1 (Baltimore Pike) to just east of Clayton Park Drive — 3.1 miles
Section 102: East of Clayton Park Drive to Chelsea Parkway/Bethel Avenue — 2.0 miles
Section 103: Chelsea Parkway/Bethel Avenue to east of the Route 452 (Market Street) Interchange — 1.7 miles
Section CSX: Bridge over CSX Railroad and Bethel Road Interchange
Section MIT: Construct U.S. 322 (Conchester Highway) wetland mitigation, PennDOT maintenance facility site preparation.
The project will expand the existing two-lane artery to include two lanes of eastbound and two lanes of westbound traffic separated by a curbed grass median to control access across the highway. Auxiliary left and right turn lanes will be provided at selected intersections to maintain the free flow of traffic through the corridor.
Most widening will be done primarily to the south of the existing road to make use of the available right-of-way. Some widening will take place on the north side at several locations near the center of the project corridor to minimize impacts to environmental and community resources.
To improve travel and safety within the project area, PennDOT will:
- Provide left turn lanes at all signalized intersections
- Update and add traffic signals on U.S. 322 (Conchester Highway) at signalized intersections
- Reconfigure and signalize interchange ramps with Route 261 (Foulk Road) and Route 452 (Market Street)
- Widen outside shoulders to eight feet (current shoulder width varies from one to four feet)
- Provide grass median to separate eastbound and westbound travel lanes
- Install new guide rail and new drainage systems
- Replace existing structures
- Add Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) components